history of

St. Ailbe's
St Ailbe’s National School, built from cut limestone in the early 1900’s, is situated in the village of Emly in West Tipperary, on the border with East and South Limerick. The school caters for boys and girls from junior and senior infants up to sixth class.

In existence for 100 years, the school has enjoyed a central role in the life of the village and has played a hugely important part in the education of it’s children. Originally divided into separate boys and girls schools, the schools were formally amalgamated on 1st November, 1966.

In 2015, St Ailbe’s N.S amalgamated with Kilross- Knockcarron N.S to form the newly named S.Ailbe’s N.S.